Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Beachgrub

Finally made it out to have that fish taco I've been talkin' about...and it was worth the drive. I met with Monopoly Bob and we walked over to the beachside tiki bar near his office.The company, and the atmosphere was delightful. This little place was filled with all sorts of signage...large, small, hand-drawn, old-school neon's,the works; and it set the tone for a great lunch! We ordered a plate of three tacos with a side of seasoned fries and shared the plate.The crispy batter-fried fish inside the soft tortilla was garnished with a cilantro and chopped tomato salsa, and some finely shredded fresh iceberg lettuce. All the textures and flavors made complete by a slice of fresh lime.
As I drove back over the bridge, I could lick my lips and taste the lime and cilantro from the garnish, mixed with the salty seasonings from the potatoes. I left the table 'one-bite hungry'...advice I got from my granny years ago, but, sometimes forget to follow~

No comments:

Post a Comment