Friday, October 15, 2010

Grubrut

Yesterday , I decided to break the grubrut and eat something different.
I ended up at Burger King, where I got a gigantic double cheeseburger, complete with a side of fries and a diet coke. I hadn't had fries in awhile and found them to be heavy and tasteless! What I was craving, some fresh veggies! I decided that the solitary slice of tomato and skimpy portion of lettuce didn't quite measure up. I ate half the sandwich and only a few of the fries before deciding that I wasn't really hungry anymore, and I didn't feel satisfied either!
Eating something different, doesn't have to mean eating fried or frozen foods. Breaking your grubrut doesn't mean seeking out foods high in fat and low in nutrients.
Today, I tried a new sandwich after my shift at work, it was loaded with fresh veggies and sliced roast beef...toasted and garnished with some ranch dressing on a toasted flatbread...yum~

No comments:

Post a Comment