Friday, October 8, 2010

grubplan

Sometimes, even the most well-laid out plan can be upset by an unforseen change in circumstances.
For example, yesterday's PLAN to have a veggie sub after work, ended up being a turkey club after grocery shopping. I wasn't really needed at work, so, I decided to hit the grocery store on the way home. I had hours worth of unspent energy, and needed to burn it off somewhere.
After lugging in ten cases of assorted drinks and cleaning supplies, I ate my turkey, with white American, on a toasted, cheesy, fresh roll. I followed it with a snack of soft, fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies, (three of them), also from Subway. Several hours later, during a CSI marathon, I inhaled a small bowl of frosted mini-wheats with a handful of white-chocolate baking chips sprinkled in. Seems like my sweet tooth was calling the shots last night!
Of course, I am not suggesting that you throw your PLAN out the window every day. What I am saying is: it's okay to 'wing it' once in awhile. You don't have to weigh and measure every morsel. You don't have to know how many calories is in every bite; or how many carbs versus proteins and fats is in every food you choose! Where's the spontaneity in that?
The main idea is to be flexible with what you eat, as well as, with what you do! Your body will tell you when it's hungry, but, if you listen carefully and learn to recognize the aura, your brain will tell you what it is hungry for! Who hasn't thought, "I'm hungry for FOOD-FOOD, not JUNK-FOOD? Since breakfast was a diet, cherry 7-Up and a piece of jerky; my stomach hasn't weighed in on the matter, but, my brain is craving some vegetables.
 If my body and brain agree, maybe tonight, I will have that Veggie on honey-oat~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment