Sunday, October 10, 2010

grubfast

I did finally get that veggie sub I've been talking about. I ate it late in the afternoon, after a hectic shift at work; breaking my 'grubfast' from the night before. I was pretty hungry, having only had a yoo-hoo and a chocolate chip cookie all day.
I tucked myself in early with a bowl of frosted mini-wheats, (the mini size), and some diet cherry 7-Up.
Back to my grinder...
I opted for the Italian gourmet cheese bread, freshly baked with a blend of shredded cheeses, and lightly spiced with parmesan and oregano. After loading my hoagie down with lettuce, tomatoes and onion; I decided to add a few black olives, some jalapeno peppers, a couple of banana peppers, and  some more tomatoes. The hint of monterey jack and mild cheddar, with the smattering of italian spices, gave the sandwich a huge flavor boost, while satisfying my craving for some protein!
I am not condoning going for long periods of time without fluids or nourishment, but, I have found that a short FAST can be cleansing and have positive effects on your digestive system. For me, however, the biggest perk of truly being hungry is that it seems to make the foods I do eat, taste so much better~

No comments:

Post a Comment