Thursday, October 7, 2010

grubtime

Yesterday's fishing excursion ended at Ace Hardware; after I found a batch of yellow flowers on sale along with some ornamental peppers. I pulled in for some ice, and ended up with a two hour workout in my front yard! It was pretty windy anyway, so, the fishing will have to wait for Sunday. It's all good, because, I'm flexible with my time~
Time seems to be a big dealbreaker for many folks, when it comes to finding their balance between exercise and diet. I will temper my advice with this little diddy: Don't worry about it! Other than the time you must spend attending to your obligations, i.e., work, kids, pets, etc., what you do with your time is up to you. There is no such thing as mealtime, so, get off that clock right now!
 How about waiting until you're hungry? Your stomach will eventually growl; you will get tired, and may feel a slight headachy sensation. Then, it's time to eat. Placing too much concern on 'grubtime' can upset the balance between eating and activity. Be as flexible with your meals as you are with your Saturday afternoons!
This morning, I am spent a good chunk of my time in a relaxing corpse pose on my lawn chair, in the privacy of my back yard. In fact, it took me 'til now to really NEED a meal.
 My breakfast was a quick chug of Yoo-Hoo, and for midday, I ate a good helping of some boiled cabbage with shaved carrots sauteed in butter sauce. It had just the right amount of pepper too!
Time for me to mow the lawn... and EARN that Subway sub I plan to eat after I finish my shift. By then, my stomach should be pretty vocal about what TIME it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment